March 2, 2014

A Better Mom with Better Stuff

Gave birth to my 2nd child 7 weeks and 2 days as of this writing. I can say that a lot has changed 7 years ago. My pregnancy journey and the newborn parenting styles have evolved. That's change: the only constant thing, and I got to adapt.

While rearing a 7-year old school boy, caring for an infant will create a fast shift in gears. I never regret the decision of having that big gap, number 1 because 7-year old kids are already independent and dependable. Number 2 the jealous stage, i think, already passed (compared to a 3-4 year-old toddler). My 2 pregnancies are total opposites. While carrying Quillan was light, Zylar's was delicate and tiring. Looking back, I could finish a Marathon carrying Quillan back then -- that easy. The latter, as much as I want to continue joining fun runs and marathons; which I enjoyed doing for the past 4 years, prohibited me to even go for a long walk at the mall by myself.

Part of the differences is the ability to research for parenting tools that will help me with the growing years of my kids. 7 years ago, I have no internet access, well I have but very limited because I used prepaid cards. Now, we use broadband access where I have unlimited exposure. Researching is easier. I am now updated to new mommy stuff and readings that are helpful in caring for both of my kids. Cloth Diapering, Baby Wearing, Lactation Boosters are just a few. I hope to write more about them in my next posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment