February 24, 2015

Photography Workshop with MBP: One Lucky "Me" Time

Aside from crafting, I'm also interested in photography. I like taking pictures of different stuff; People, food, landscapes etc. But I dont just like taking pictures perse, but I want capturing these sights like how professional photographers do. But I dont have DSLR cameras, would that be possible? Of course! As a Tagalog saying goes, "Wala sa camera yan, nasa kumukuha yan. You may have the latest SLR camera model, if you dont have the "eye" for photography, its nothing.

What good way to spend my "me" time is spending it learning new things about the things or activities I like. Yeah, Im not the posh and fash type of mom spending "me" time shopping and going to salon. When I learned about this event, Take Blog-worthy Photos Mini Photography Workshop, by Mommy Bloggers Philippines, I immediately marked my calendar, ME TIME! Just perfect.

I chose the PM session last February 21st, because I have a prior commitment with Q at school in the morning. But the supposedly alone time became a date with Z. The original plan is to leave him with my parents, but due to some construction going on with the house, they cannot accomodate him there. So, I brought him instead with high hopes he will cooperate and will not throw a fit in the middle of discussions when he suddenly feels bored.

Oh dear, but he did. :P


The Venue for the PM session is at Saboten, one of the growing restaurant chains of Raintree Group of Restaurants, located in Glorrieta 5. One of reasons I chose the afternoon session is I love Japanese food. I would love to take photos of this cuisine if it happens to be our subject for the activity.;-) Our lecture started a bit late but it was worth the wait for we have learned so much from our speaker Mommy Joy Domingo - Gurtiza aside from taking home beautiful loots from the event's sponsors.



Basic photography skills, Lighting, Angles & positioning and Importance of props, are among the important things I learned from the workshop. We got a chance to take photos of the sponsored items from Japan Homes and of course the delicious food, well-presented and served by Saboten.

Below are my share of shots applying the learnings from the workshop. I brought and used my 6 year-old and ever reliable point-n-shoot, Canon Powershot SX110. I also tried using the camera from my Samsung Galaxy Tab3. But I really like the quality output of my point-n-shoot so I used it more. I hope Teacher Joy would be proud of me, despite my somewhat poor execution because I had to do it quickly for my date is having tantrums on the side. Big Thanks to the 3 mommy attendees, who happened to be my seatmates, including Mommy Jho (www.thereyoujho.com), who alternately played and carried Z so he would stop squealing while I'm having my turn for the photoshoot, as if I'm nowhere in sight but the truth is I'm just a table away.



Items from sponsor: Japan Homes

Meet my Date, Z



Deep Fried Shrimp, Loin Cutlet, Crab Croquettes and Rolled Cutlets with Asparagus, Cheese and Plum

Grated Radish Katsu

Blueberry Parfait

Strawberry Shortcake

Vanilla and Greentea Icecream

They are all delicious than they look. But I hope the photos made you curious and wanna check out a Saboten branch nearest you.

Raintree Restaurants brings you Saboten, together with other bistros in the Metro: Museum Cafe, Kabila, Chelsea, Mr. Jones, MOMO Cafe, Premier, Stella, Rocket Room and Terraz. Since 2013, it has been bringing top-quality Tonkatsu dishes to be enjoyed with Authentic sides and sauces from Japan

Saboten Branches:

Glorrietta 5, Makati City and G/F Serendra Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

Thank you SO much Mommy Bloggers Philippines for coming up with this workshop; to Mommies Joy, Lanie, Louisa. To all the generous sponsors for our food, venue and take away loots,

Saboten, Glorietta 5 (Museum Cafe for the morning Session)

Japan Homes

Nature Republic

Villa del Conte

Oil of Argan

Henry's Professional

Gouache

in action photos grabbed from Mommy Louisa, Thanks!

But wait there's more! I won in the raffle! My "Me" time turned to one lucky day. Yeah, sounds OA but you don't get a P1,900.00 pesos worth of bag everyday, right? Thanks Gouache Bags!!!

If you're thinking about your next time for yourself, you might want to research for and try activities like this. *wink*

Review for this bag on my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment