October 30, 2016

Halloween DIYs: Tombstone and Candlestick


Its the Halloween! One of the fun seasons to get the creative juices flowing. Tight Budget? No worries.

Here are some of my Tricks for this year's Halloween to Treat our neighborhood kids. Perfect if you have no budget and lots of stuff to throw at home. I barely spent 88 pesos (LED lights). You can always veer away from spending by improvising, just use a little imagination. *wink*

Tombstone

Materials

a box enough to fit whatever you need to fill it in
Masking tape
Scissors or cutter
paints and brushes

Procedure
Seal the opening ends of the box with Masking tape
  • You may or may not cut the top part, but for this project I need an opening for my box so I could fill it with ghost balloons so I cut one of the short sides.
  • I used the flap which I cut to make the shape for the grave stone. Shaped it into trapezoid.
  • Attach it to the side that will be used as front with tape.
  • Paint the box. Put details as you wish. I painted mine black and put on white acrylic paint as borders, a cross and RIP.
  • Put on some paints on my hand and smudged it on the box

 Candlestick

Materials

Foil,tissue or paper towel roll
LED candle light 
Glue gun
Glue Stick
Scissors or cutter
Paint (optional)

Procedure
  • Size the rolls according to your requirement.
  • If it fits, put the LED candle light inside the hole of the roll and secure it with glue.
  • Once secured in place run glue around the connection between the roll and the LED light to create a candle melt effects. Just let the melted glue stick fall according to gravity and dry.
  • Paint as you wish, but for this project I didnt because my roll is already white.


You can either throw them away or reuse them next year. Q got an idea of making the tombstone as his costume next time and the candlestick his props. Oh why not?! Kids dont have manuals, you just dont know how creative their imaginations can be. :D

Trick or Treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment