January 28, 2015

Confessions of a Hoarder

Hoarder

(Adj) A word that describes anyone that feels the need to find, collect, keep, pack ANY and EVERYTHING because they do not know how to throw things away.

A nicely put word than Pack Rat.

These people tend to collect soo much stuff that it gets very over bearing and the items in turn tend to run their life to where they don't know what to do with themselves
.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hoarder

A Hoarder ALWAYS believes that every single item she keeps is important and useful, atleast in the future. Until that future comes, only then she will realize, why the hell she kept it anyway. :p

I'm a self confessed hoarder. Blame it on the crafty side of me. Hahaha Artist or Crafters and Hoarders are the greatest BFFs! I collect things like ribbons from gifts, even wrappers sometimes, pencils, colored ones and writing pencils, notepads and anything about crafts and art materials. I have weakness on "On Sale" items. I just can't resist them especially when I found them on regular price before then slashed 70% off the original price the months after.

But I somehow rehabilitated myself, I guess. I sometimes, yes I tried, disposing my other "collection, I either, recycle, give away, or donate,those I can't foresee some use. When, at a bookstore or craft store, I only choose the "important", meaning, what I really need for the moment or the projects I'm into at that moment. But sometimes, I still have my impulsive purchases. Yeah, Once a hoarder, always a hoarder, they always say. I'm still a work in progress. I know. My excuse, I've got tons of projects in mind. One after the other. My brain is like a sponge absorbing so much what it can contain. If only I could find some good storage for my ideas, I will definitely hoard it too! Hahaha

Organization, space and storage, these are the downsides of being a hoarder. Time will come that these collection becomes annoying, to the ones you share your space with and eventually you. Yes, it will annoy you. That is where you have to take action. Initial reaction, finding the right storage. BUT, this storage finds will soon become one of your hoarded possessions. Trust me. That is why the most effective way is just to get rid of it. There are a lot of ways, they're searchable in the internet actually. You just have to be open minded and accept this "challenge" of letting go. That part is very hard because you will always justify its use in your life. You will have tons of reasons why you should not let it go. But you have to, because the truth is, it doesnt serve you anymore like it should, that is why you found it where it is. And its been there for a looooooong time.

Keynote: Let go. Then off to the new ones. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment